It is widely thought the African continent obtained its name from the ancient Romans. Upon beating the old northern African city of Carthage, the Romans started a province there they named it Africa; called after the Afri tribe that inhabited the location.
1) AFRICA IS THE SECONDLY LARGEST CONTINENT IN THE WORLD.
Africa is the 2nd largest continent in the world with a complete location of around 11.73 million square miles (30.37 million square kilometers) that account for 5.7% of the planet’s surface area in addition to 20% of the overall surface area of arrive on our earth. It is split up right into five sub-sections; North Africa, East Africa, Central Africa, Southern Africa and also West Africa. One of the most intriguing realities regarding Africa is that the length as well as breadth of the continent have to do with the very same, Straight Width: 4,355 miles (7,009 km) from Dakar, Senegal, eastern to Mogadishu, Somalia as well as Vertical Size: 4,504 miles (7,248 kilometres) from Cape Community, South Africa north to Tripoli, Libya.
Sudan utilized to be the largest country in Africa till it was divided into Sudan as well as South Sudan. Algeria is currently the biggest African nation by geographical location.
Africa is often thought of as fairly separated from the remainder of the globe, but this couldn’t be further from the fact. Africa and also Europe are divided by less than 9 miles at the Strait of Gibraltar, which divides Spain from Morocco, ferries are also available to take you from Africa to Europe or the other way around. The African continent has the 2nd biggest populace worldwide, at 1,287,920,518 people about 16.87% of the globe’s population (as of August 2018). It’s actually not a surprise that Africa is home to one of the most genetically diverse people on Earth as it is the 2nd biggest continent.
2) IN BETWEEN 1500-2000 LANGUAGES ARE SPOKEN IN AFRICA There are at the very least 3,000 unique ethnic groups in Africa and around 2,000 different languages are spoken and also each of them has various dialects. While Arabic is the language that is most commonly spoken in the African continent, complied with by English and also Swahili, French specifically.
, if we go by the documents of the fossil remains Africa seems to be the initial continent where humans were discovered.. The fossil remains have actually recommended that people had occupied the African continent around 7 million years ago . 3) AFRICA IS THE SOURCE OF THE GLOBE’S LENGTHIEST RIVER The Nile River is the lengthiest river in the world, is around 4,258 miles (6,853 kilometers) long and passes Streaming northward with 11 nations: Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kenya, Ethiopia, Eritrea, South Sudan, Sudan as well as Egypt
4) AFRICA IS HOUSE TO THE GLOBE’S OLDEST UNIVERSITY
The earliest existing, as well as constantly operating university in the world is the University of Karueein, (Athen’s of Africa) established in 859 ADVERTISEMENT by Fatima al-Fihri in Fez, Morocco as well as was initially a madrassa. The College of Bologna, Italy, was founded in 1088 as well as is the oldest one in Europe.
5) THE WEALTHIEST MAN EVER BEFORE IS AFRICAN Mansa Musa, or Musa I of Mali is thought about one of the wealthiest males in background. Musa was the tenth emperor of the Mali Empire, among the prosperous Sahelian kingdoms that developed along the Saharan slave trade routes in the later middle ages duration. By the time of his death in 1937, approximates area his net worth in the series of US$ 300 billion to US$ 400 billion in adjusted dollars for the late 2000s
6) THE GLOBE’S LARGEST HOTTEST DESERT Remains In AFRICA The Sahara is the globe’s largest hot desert as well as one of the toughest settings on the earth. It is third biggest desert in general after Antarctica as well as the Arctic, which are chilly deserts.
To add: Madagascar is the biggest island in the African continent and also it lies just off the east coastline of Africa. It has a size of around 1,000 miles with a width of around 350 miles. This island is also the 4th largest island on the planet.
7) THE GLOBE’S LARGEST, TALLEST As Well As FASTEST ANIMALS ORIGINATE FROM AFRICA. The African elephant is the globe’s biggest land pet, they are massive actually that they can weigh over six heaps and also they depend on seven meters long in dimension. The world’s tallest animal, the giraffe, Male giraffes can reach up to 6 m in height, while females can get to regarding 4,6 m.
The fastest land pet on the planet, the cheetah, resides in Africa. It speeds of as much as around 60 miles per hr (96.5 kilometers per hour). This record was set by an 11-year-old cheetah in 2012 named Sarah
8) SOUTH AFRICA IS A RESIDENCE TO THE HIGHEST BUNGY TENSE IN THE WORLD Bloukrans Bridge Bungy is just one of the world’s highest business bridge bungy at 216 metres (709 feet) over the Bloukrans River. It is positioned at Bloukrans Bridge on the N2 Highway at the boundary between the Eastern Cape and the Western Cape in the Tsitsikamma location of South Africa’s Yard Route.
9) THE WORLD’S THEMED RESORT HOTEL IN THE FOUND IN AFRICA. Situated in South Africa– Sun City’s The Heaven of the shed city The Palace of the Lost City is the world’s most significant themed resort, located in South Africa.
10) AFRICA IS A RESIDENCE TO THE BIGGEST WILDLIFE IMMIGRATION IN THE WORLD The Serengeti (Tanzania) holds the world’s largest wild animals migration on Earth with over 750,000 zebras marching ahead of 1.2 million wildebeest as they cross this amazing landscape